Crafting a Villain Worthy of Your Hero

August 23, 2018


"Your hero is not the most important character in your book. Your villain is..."

I just finished reading this guide, "13 Steps to Evil (How to Craft Superbad Villains)" by Sacha Black and it is a revelation. I highly recommend writers of any genre study this amazingly insightful and often funny manual on how to create better villains and avoid cliched antagonists. 



This book is not just for writers of horror or suspense. And it is not about crafting horrific monsters or crazed, ax-welding killers, but how the antagonist in any genre influences the plot and opposes the hero. It is about goal clashing and opposing agendas.

For me personally, it completely changed the way I write my villains and made my heroes even more complex. 

Get your copy today on Amazon and start creating kickass villains worthy of your hero!



No comments

I absolutely love hearing from my followers! Thank you so much for your comments. Consider yourself awesome!

(Please do not spam me. I moderate all comments, so do not waste your time.)